Sell My Goods on Buy Iowa Online
What is Buy Iowa and how does it work?
Buy Iowa online is a website where eligible participants can sell their locally made products. To be eligible, the maker (individual or business) must be located within the state of Iowa and the final product be made in Iowa. Sellers may source supplies outside of Iowa for final production within Iowa. Nonprofits with fundraising items which are community themed or display Iowa icons are also eligible.
More detailed information can be found by reading the Frequently Asked Questions.
Step1: Become a Seller
- Submit a Vendor Application. If you are selling food items, you must also provide a copy of your most recent health department inspection. (See Selling Food Items)
- Upon confirmation of eligibility sign the Vendor Agreement Form.
- Submit written descriptions for your product and business as well as photos.
- Staff will review submitted photos and descriptions and approve them for the website.
Step 3: Package and ship inventory
- Package individually each item you are selling so it is "ready to ship".
- Ship to the warehouse
Step 4: Products live on site
- Products will show up on the website when they are received at the fulfillment center.
Step 5: Track your sales
You may track your sales in two ways:
- You will receive an automatically generated email each time you sell an item
- You may see a list of the items you have sold when logged onto your seller account).
Step 6: Payments
- Payments will be distributed to sellers once a month using Paypal.